- More than 4,200 participants will run and walk along the right bank of Geneva
- More than 10,000 CHF of donations have already been collected for the Breast Cancer Network, the events official charity partner
- Two local stars, Tadesse Abraham and Helen Bekele, will take the start with many international elites
Anticipation is building ahead of the Geneva 20km by Genève Aéroport, which will take place on Sunday 7 November on the right bank of Geneva. With participants able to choose between 20km and 10km distances across six different race formats, the event is accessible to all, and offers an exceptional challenge that will see them cross International Geneva before setting off into the heart of the Geneva countryside.
Participants are invited to pick up their bib numbers at Geneva Airport’s Terminal 2 on Friday 5th and Saturday 6th and will enjoy a wide range of activities offered by the partners.
More than 4,200 runners and walkers are expected on Sunday on the “Quai du Mont-Blanc”. Among the participants, an exceptional elite field, including current race record holder Tadesse Abraham, will be out to try and beat the record of the main race, which was set in 2019 and stands at 59’55. In the women’s race, the Ethiopian princess of “Stade Genève”, Helen Bekele, will also be on the starting line of the 20km race and is one to watch.
Following the success of the event, two different starts will be given: the first at 8.30 am for the 20km races followed by the 10km races at 12.00 pm. After the race, participants and their supporters will be able to celebrate this great sporting challenge by taking advantage of the various activities offered in the event village.
The Breast Cancer Network, the event’s charity partner, will be present at the start of the race to raise awareness. More than 300 walkers will wear a touch of pink over 10km to symbolise the health journey of patients and their families, and so far, over CHF 10,000 has already been raised to support the cause.
Event Director, Benjamin Chandelier, expressed his enthusiasm: “We are very happy to see our runners, volunteers and partners physically again this year. We were very pleased to be able to offer them a connected challenge in 2020 but nothing beats a real race! We would like to thank the 300 volunteers who will be present at the event as well as all our partners and especially Geneva Airport. We would also like to thank the City and Canton of Geneva as well as the 4 other towns that will be crossed; Grand-Saconnex, Pregny-Chambésy, Genthod and Bellevue”.
Online registration is open until Wednesday 3rd November at 11:59pm via the event website. For latecomers, it will also be possible to register at the bib collection at Terminal 2 of Geneva Airport.
20KM Elites field (with record on half marathon)
- GISAMODA Emanuel (TAN) - 1h00’37 (2019) - Bib #2578
- ABRAHAM Tadesse (SUI) - 1h00’42 (2015) - Bib #2771
- NDIEMA Erick Leon (KEN) - 1h00’45 (2015) - Bib #2774
- KIPGOSGEI Moses (KEN) - 1h01’55 (2014) - Bib #2623
- MELI Ezekiel (KEN) - 1h02’12 (2015) - Bib #2790
- FELFELE Tesfay (ERI) - 1h03’43 (2021) - Bib #2788
- LOBALU Dominic (REF) - 1h03’52 (2020) - Bib #2682
- KIDANE Solomon (ERI) - 1h05’16 (2021) - Bib #2787
- LAMRANI Menad (ALG) - 1h05’17 (2021) - Bib #2591
- HUWILER Thomas (SUI) - 1h05’55 (2017) - Bib #2027
- MEKONEN Tefera (ETH) - 1h07’22 (2018) - Bib #2695
- BEKELE Helen (ETH) - 1h06’45 (2019) - Bib #2529
- JEPKOSGEI RUTTO Stella (ROU) - 1h07’45 (2021) - Bib #2785
- JERONOH Mercyline (KEN) - 1h13’52 (2015) - Bib #2786
- CAMBOULIVES Aline (FRA) - 1h14’53 - Bib #2438
- JECKELMANN Clarisse (SUI) - 1h18’01 (20km - 2021) - Bib #2073
- SCHULTHEISS Karen (SUI) - 1h18’40 (20km - 2021) - Bib #2803
10KM Elites field (with record on 10KM)
- BERNI Marcel (SUI) - 30’06 (2018) - Bib #6052
- ASFAW Tensai (ETH) - 32’15 (2021) - Bib #5838
- BLANC Swan (FRA) - 32’21 (2021) - Bib #6247
- TABOADA Francisco (SUI) - 36’48 (2020) - Bib #6012
- STALHANDSKE Julien (SUI) - 29’47 (2020) - Bib #6013
- EL MORABITY Mohamed (MAR)